Friday, February 15, 2013

How to do a Flat Twist Out



As I was strolling through tumblr,  I landed upon a photo tutorial of a "flat" twist out. Now, maybe I'm late in participating this trend, but it seems to be a popular way to achieve fuller curls. I decided to give it a try and I really love how it turned out! If you would like to give it a go, keep on reading :)

Step 1: In this case, I started with dry hair. Before I did anything, I finger detangled my hair with my Shae Moisture conditioner, moisturized my scalp with coconut oil, and sealed my ends with my home made whipped shae butter. (Since my hair and scalp were really dry, I thought it would be a good time for some TLC.

Step 2: Once my hair was all prepped, I sectioned it in 4 quarters.

Step 3: I took a small row of hair, finger detangled a bit more, and made sure my ends were nicely sealed one last time. Then I flat twisted that section starting from the center of my head and in the direction of my hairline. Then once that section was all twisted, I rolled the ends into a bantu knot. Repeat this step until your entire head of hair is all twisted up.

Step 4: Wrap with a satin scarf.

Step 5:  When you're ready, unravel the twists!
 (Since I did this before going to bed, I unraveled the style in the morning which was about 8 hours later.)


I did not have to add any additional product in my hair since I used both my leave-in conditioner and my shae butter. Throughout the day, my hair remained moisturized and did not feel bogged down with product. It was awesome! My hair was fuller and softer. Since the flat twists had a direction, styling my hair took little to no effort. It also behaved really well since I took the time to thoroughly finger detangle before hand. I think this is something I'm going to do on a regular basis.

I hope this helps everyone! Don't forget to subscribe via e-mail and like naturalsunited on facebook :D
Naturals United 

No comments:

Post a Comment