Monday, February 25, 2013

United Member Roy Lee

Meet Roy Lee!
Roy is a martial artist, musician, and training in the field of phlebotomy. He attended Gwinnett Tech, went to training school for phlebotomy, and teaches martial arts at Total Boxing. Roy also plans on going back to school next year.

What is your nationality?
 I am black, white, and Native American. My grandmother says that we have Thai in the family as well, but who knows!

Have you always had big hair growing up?
No, I've always had a buzz cut as a kid and haven't even started growing my hair out until my junior  year of high school. Once I did that, I grew it out a lot and then I cut it, grew it out again, and cut it again. It was like a cycle.




Why did you decide to cut your hair?
Mainly, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get a job. As a young man, it's hard for people to take you seriously if you don't have a sharp hair cut. I've been encouraged by a lot of people to get my hair cut as well, so I gave in.

Where did you go to get your current haircut?
I actually went to Great Clips! The stylist that cut my hair had a good understanding of what I was going for even though I had trouble explaining it to her. I was surprised, she really hooked me up!

Have you  noticed a difference in your professional life with shorter hair? Do people take  you more seriously?
There hasn't been much of a difference so far professionally. Socially speaking, I haven't traveled to other circles to see if people see me differently at first glance. To be honest, I wish just kept growing it out. 

 












How does your family feel about your hair?
My mom was always telling me to cut my hair. She's very adamant on me getting a hair cut. Even though I didn't cut all of it off, she does like the haircut I have right now. 

What is your current hair regimen? 
Right now, I wash my hair every other day. I condition it every day and I apply leave-in conditioner every day after I wash or co-wash. Occasionally, I put gel in it for styling.


No comments:

Post a Comment