Thursday, January 17, 2013

How to Keep Your Hair Moisturized

This is my regular moisturizing routine. It's simple and it works really well in the colder seasons. So if you're looking for a more effective way to keep your strands soft, healthy, and free of breakage, then keep on reading!

  • Step 1: spritz your hair with water. 

(In this case, I just finished up an apple cider vinegar wash, so my hair was wet to start with)

  • Step 2: take a small to medium sized section of hair and apply your favorite leave in conditioner. (If you so choose, now would be a good time to detangle your hair)












  • Step 3: apply a small amount of your favorite organic oil to the hair paying close attention to the ends




















  • Step 4: twist that section. (tip: twirl the ends to activate the curl, further seal in the moisture you've just applied, and keep the twist in place so that it doesn't unravel)











  • Step 5: secure the twist with a bobby pin. (Tip: I like to twist my entire head before I start pinning the twists down. This way, I have more places to comfortable pin the twist)


I like to wear my pinned twists as is for a nice protective style. You can also unravel it in a couple of hours to reveal a great twist out.

I hope this helps! If you gave it a try, let me know how it worked out for you.

follow naturalsunited on twitter, like us on facebook, and you can now follow us on Tumblr!

Thanks again for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment