Saturday, January 19, 2013

Let's Talk About Juicing! (part 2)

In part 1 of Let's Talk About Juicing I discussed the various health benefits that juicing has to offer and shared my first recorded juicing recipe.
Today, I'm going to share my second recipe. I hope you guys give it a try!
(If you enjoy reading this blog, follow me on tumblr, instagram and facebook @naturalsunited, and on twitter @naturalsunited2 )

This one is a Carrot Juice

You'll need the following ingredients:

  • About 2 dozen carrots
  • 3 apples
  • 2 inches of ginger
  • 1 lemon
Once all these ingredients are juiced, I usually stir it up and store it in a glass jar. This batch usually lasts all week for me if I have a glass every afternoon.

Carrots are really high in antioxidants, has cardiovascular, and well as anti-cancer benefits. Apples are actually pretty high in fiber, vitamin C, and can help regulate blood sugar. The most surprising fact about it is that is among the few fruits that help fight against lung cancer! Ginger goes a long way for gastrointestinal health and can help boost the immune system. Lemons are another great source of vitamin C, also have a number of anti-cancer benefits, and it's really good for your skin!

Source:
www.whfoods.com


No comments:

Post a Comment