Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Optional Clarifying Technique

 
I was recently scrolling through some natural hair youtube channels and I stumbled across this great video on clarifying natural hair. Blogger Heyfranhey discusses 2 different clarifying routines that she does instead of shampooing and conditioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ1F_uII35Y

 The first one is one that I would like to give a try. It involves using apple cider vinegar and the second one is with a clarifying clay. The second routine is similar to my new wash routine with the terrescentials mud wash. I think I would like to incorporate the apple cider vinegar wash into my weekly regimen so that I don't run through the mud wash too quickly.

So here, I'll show you guys my version of the apple cidar vinegar wash routine and in my next article, I'll show you how I use my new favorite mud wash.

The first thing I did was detangle my hair with my shae moisture conditioner:
I started by spritzing my hair with water, then working my hair into sections and finger detangling it. Once I detangled that section, I twisted it to get it out of the way.

Then, I poured a little apple cider vinegar into a spray bottle and diluted it with water (that way the smell is under control and it's not too harsh on the scalp)


Next, I massaged the vinegar thoroughly into my scalp and rinsed it out. Because I detangled my hair with a conditioner before hand, I didn't need to condition my hair after the rinsing step.




Once my hair was all cleansed, I went ahead and twisted it to keep it in a protective style for the rest of the week. I used a shae moisture curl souffle to keep a soft hold to the twists and sealed my ends with coconut oil.




Overall, this cleansing method worked out really well. Since my hair wasn't too dirty, I didn't need as intense of a cleanse that I would normally do with my mud wash. My hair felt really soft and clean, but not stripped apart. I think from now on, I'll go rotate between this technique and washing with the mud.

















No comments:

Post a Comment